BUS STOP Loves Series Debora Charmelus, Digital Strategist
1. How long have you lived in Philly?
2. How do you describe yourself in THREE WORDS?
Fun, energetic, thinker
3. How would your best friend describe you in THREE WORDS?
Loud, laughter, energetic
4. How did you start your career?
I got into marketing serendipitously, I got my first internship while shopping at the punk rock flea market. I ended up having such a fun time storytelling in that way, that I've been doing it for 6 years and working freelance for 2.
5. Who’s your mentor?
All of my friends ☺️
6. What do you fantasize about?
Dessert and only dessert
7. What keeps you up at night?
How did Taraji get on the boat in Tyler Perry's Acrimony
8. How has the pandemic affected you?
I'm blessed because it hasn't impacted me or my family directly. I'm not an essential worker so I could stay home - it's impacted marginalized groups in a way I could never grasp my head around. In a sense, it's reminded me of the importance of continuing to fight for these groups.
9. How has the BLM Movement influenced your life and your work?
I'm opting out of answering ☺️
10: What's one thing most people would be surprised to know about you?
I'm a wedding officiant! Hmu for your micro wedding!
BONUS Q: What's your favorite spot in Philly?
Too many to even count but I've been recently reading behind boathouse row on the Schuylkill.
Debora, we love you and hope our readers have an insight into your uniqueness & amazingness in this series.
Photograph taken at The Deacon Hotel...Debora is rocking a pair of BUS STOP X sneaks