RAVEN DAKOTA Fashion Artist LOVES Shoes!
RAVEN DAKOTA Fashion Artist
Instructor at MADE INSTITUTE
We've invited some of our favorite peeps to take part in our #BusStopLoves Series.
A fashion artist + flower lover = something aesthetically pleasing.
1. How long have you lived in Philly?
All my life :))
2. How do you describe yourself in THREE WORDS?
Loving, Eccentric, Creative.
3. How would your best friend describe you in THREE WORDS?
Driven, Positive, Innovative.
4. How did you start your career?
It started with a wild obsession with flowers & its divine symbolic language to life. I began pressing florals as a therapeutic hobby, and soon after I began to incorporate this meditative hand-crafted technique within my fashion clothing and accessories.
5. Who’s your mentor?
I have many mentors! But, I would say my day-to-day mentor would be Robyn Dombey :)
6. What do you fantasize about?
Falling in love.
7. What keeps you up at night?
Writing affirmations in my journal.
8. How has the pandemic affected you? Physically - not as much, I am still able to keep active and busy. Mentally - a lot, I've been drained and exhausted. It's kind of difficult to focus on my art and fashion work.
9. How has BLM affected you? We are definitely living through unpleasant times, there's a lot of grieving, frustration, and rage in our communities right now. But, through all of it, even after being stressed for weeks, I have been able to tap into a state of a state of calmness that offers strength and resilience. This has helped me to regain my energy and create artwork that truly defines who I am as a young black woman living in a chaotic world.
10: What's one thing most people would be surprised to know about you? I’m a crybaby low-key LOL
BONUS Q: What's your favorite spot in Philly? Green Soul Restaurant.
Raven we love you, and hope our readers have an insight into your uniqueness & amazingness in this series.