BEST SHOE STORE IN PHILLY
Shoe Stores in Philadelphia
BUS STOP is the Best Shoe Shop in Philly (ok...we're a little biased).
WE LOVE SHOES, WE LOVE US & WE LOVE OUR FELLOW PHILLY SHOE STORES!
Why is our independent shoe boutique the best shoe store in Philly? Read all about it from just a few of our amazing loyal customers who love BUS STOP & love our women's shoe collection!
- Visiting Bus Stop on Fabric Row feels like visiting friends. The team is amazing, and the shoe selection is incredible. I love supporting local businesses and Elena designs and manufactures shoes for sale in the shop. When I wear them I receive comments and compliments. They carry other designers too and my everyday black boot is from Bus Stop. My go to black bag is from Bus Stop. My favorite sparkly shoes are from Bus Stop. From versatile to specific they have you covered.
- This is a gem of a shop. Go in and you will likely meet the owner who designs her own lines of high-quality, comfortable, adorable shoes. Or you might get help from the other lovely staff! I have a good experience every time I go in and 3 pairs of unique shoes that I love. Pictured are sneakers I wear daily :)
- Wear shoes that will have people stopping you on the street asking where you bought them. This incredible local business owner designs and manufacturers her own shoes. If you love shoes, then Bus Stop is a must have in your wardrobe!
- I absolutely love Bus Stop Boutique! They are one of my favorite shops in Philly hands down! I love all of their unique shoes and accessories. Everything is amazing quality and one of a kind. Anything you purchase at Bus Stop is something you will have for years. I like to express myself through the things I wear, and this place allows me to do just that. I love places that are thoughtful, artistic, and kind. Bus Stop embodies this and so much more. They uplift, support, and encourage so many local businesses and artists in Philadelphia. For me, it’s not just a store.
- I always get such compliments when I wear my BUS STOP shoes, especially the shoes from their in-house collection that you can't get anywhere else. So lucky to have them here in Philly! I've been a customer for over a decade and still wear some of the first pairs of shoes I ever purchased from BUS STOP. The quality and styles truly stand the test of time.
- I adore Bus Stop Boutique! Every shoe, handbag, and wallet I have purchased over a span of 14 years has been fresh, beautiful, and literally traffic stopping (a couple times, was asked from across a street, where I got my shoes). There's a feeling of dependability I experience when walking through the doors of the chic boutique. I know I will be surprised with new styles, a good price point, and take pride in supporting a local business that supports true artisans.
- I absolutely love and adore this boutique not just for their stunning comfy shoes but also the girls are very helpful & delightful. It's more than shopping its an experience . The owner Elena Brennan has exquisite taste & a great eye for good quality shoes, hand bags & accessories. But even more so, she has her own shoe collection which you cannot get anywhere else. I love when I wear her own designed shoes as I am often stopped to be complimented. And that feels good. I only wear shoes from Busstop as do not want or need to shop anywhere else. Thank you Elena, Aubrie & Aubrey. Love you ladies.
- Bus Stop Boutique is not only an amazing store for shoes and accessories, they are the heart of the rebirth of 4th street as a retail destination! Elena and her team have been such a big part of the surrounding community making sure that when you visit her store you also have a dozen other great places to eat, shop, and play within a few blocks. I love Bus Stop shoes and love even more the collaborations they offer. If you are looking for a great pair of shoes that is both stylish and walkable, as well as great conversation, check them out.
- I am a shoe FREAK. Just ask anyone who knows me.. I work in a school on Long Island and everyday, my co-workers look to see what shoes I have on. The best comments I get are always for the shoes I buy at BUS STOP. I travel to Philly to visit with my daughter and her family. (she literally lives around the corner from the store) The first thing I do, after kissing them hello is walk around the corner and check out the shoes. I believe, at last count, I have 12 pairs from BUS STOP. LOVE THIS SHOP!!
- Best shoe store in Philadelphia, hands down! Elena creates her own products for the boutique and carries a really diverse selection of styles and makers. If you want to express your individuality and unique sense of style - Bus Stop Boutique has the shoes, boots, bags, and accessories for you! Never have I not been complimented on shoes that I have bought from Elena!
- This store is the bomb! The shoe selection could be the envy of any other city/town...all in one store. Elena and her team are a hoot. There’s a time that I wear my boots that people comment on them. Love this store, love the people.
- Top quality footwear, great variety of cool styles, excellent salespeople, everyone is friendly and helpful, the shoes I've bought there are always get me oodles of compliments. I've also gotten fabulous earrings and socks and a cool bag there. I just don't think you can find a shoe boutique in Philly with a better selection than Bus Stop.
- Any time I wear shoes designed by Bus Stop owner and shoe designer Elena, people compliment them. That’s what happens when style meets function. I love oxfords, so fortunately for me, they only have them in every possible color. Besides who in these days of homogenization and factory churned out shoes meets a shoe designer and gets to wear their shoes?
- The most interesting and eclectic variety of shoes in the city! Even more importantly, the customer service is outstanding. Elana and the Aubries never make me feel as though I need to buy something - it’s clear that the goal is happy and satisfied customers. The combination of fabulous shoes and staff makes this the best place to shop in the city.
- LOVE going into this shoe boutique. Also love looking in their window whenever I pass by. Elena and Aubrey and Aubrie are fantastic and always seem to find the perfect shoe for you.
- Over the past 6 years Bus Stop has become my go to shoe haven. I have been introduced to soo many incredible coveted brands from across the world that I wouldn't otherwise have had exposure to. Elena does such a fantastic job carefully curating her store with fresh new street wear and luxury kicks too. I have purchased everything from sandals, to slip ons, high heels, sneakers and boots through Bus Stop and even intimate apparel. I love seeing Elena and the crew, it feels like coming home. Its so special having a place like this in Philadelphia that really cultivates their community and brings culture and class to our fine city! I would give 10 stars if I could, Long Live Bus Stop Boutique!
- I’ve been going here for years! Best selection of shoes and the only place I really trust to find good quality cute shoes. They also have some brands like Coclico and All Black Footwear that you can’t really find anywhere else. Highly recommend!!!
- Always a pleasure stopping by and getting new socks or wonderful shoes, perfectly curated by Elena. I always get compliments when I wear shoes from Bus Stop, and I love that they're not just shoes that I could buy anywhere!! A wonderful small business that makes 4th Street the place to be :)
- Elena is the best as are her shoes! They are one of a kind, and very comfortable. I love all of her designs. So glad to have found this gem of a shoe store.
- AMAZING SHOP!!!! The shoes are so fashionable and functional. The store’s atmosphere is so inviting and friendly!
- The absolute best customer service and fantastic collection of shoes. I think bus stop now makes up 50% of my collection thanks to their impeccable taste and fun finds.
- I have always loved my shoes from Bus Stop. They are beautiful and usually one of a kind (we girls love that)! Counting down the days until the Spring launch. #lovebusstopshoes
- Cool, fashion forward AND friendly shop on one of the sweetest retail stretches in Philly.
- Have the cutest & most comfortable shoes.The ladies that work there are so nice & helpful.
- Unique and beautiful shoes, friendly atmosphere. It is an annual birthday treat to come to this store and indulge.
- Excellent customer service and an amazing collection of shoes, handbags and more.
Shop owner designs and sells her own shoes in addition to an eclectic collection. My friend bought a pair and raved about the comfort and style.
At BUS STOP shoe boutique, we aren't just a shoe store in Philadelphia or just shoe salespeople. We really LOVE shoes. We dream of women's footwear. We love shoes, sandals, boots, heels, and sneakers with all of our heart and with every bone in our body and we're here to share the shoe love. We wanted to bring you the insider scoop on THE shoe store in Philly and then we realized...there are so many "Best Shoe Stores in Philadelphia"to represent and show some love to. We spend hours upon hours season after season thoughtfully curating our boutique’s shoe selection, and we tell stories through each and every shoe. We're more than just a shoe store in Philly, we're shoe lovers, collectors, & curators, our designers are our featured artists, & our collection of women's shoes are our precious pieces of art.
As an independent shoe store in Philadelphia, every season we have a new unique vision to keep things fresh. We explore a newfound (or old) love each shoe buying season like focusing our eyes & efforts scouring a specific aesthetic, a new toe shape, a contemporary heel, the latest sustainable material…we even choose new shoe designers to carry at BUS STOP Philly shoe boutique based off of their unique personal histories, stories, and of course ethical practices. Season after season, our Autumn, Winter, Spring Summer grows. We make new shoe friends and scour the most coveted sustainable and ethical independent fashion shoe brands from near and afar and introduce them to you at our shoe shop in Philly. We love making you, your feet, and your women's footwear collection sublimely happy when visiting us at the brick and mortar shoe boutique in Philly or online from anywhere in the world so we mindfully curate, design, and offer up an uncommon collection of special women's footwear styles just-for-you and just for Philadelphia & it's visitors year after year.
You, our loyal customers are our friends and you are the reason we keep going & growing as a small shoe store in Philly! Your unwavering support for our cute indy shoe shop in-store and online keeps our doors open and our women's sustainable shoe selection abundant during such a challenging time for small businesses (and for everyone in our city of Philadelphia). There is a silver lining always.
Through turbulent times & challenges comes gratitude, community, creativity, new perspectives, innovation, and a collective shift towards the truth of our human desires & of our shared humanity. What we’ve come to realize as an independent shoe store in Philly is…our community is everything. Philly is a city of small businesses with unique visions. We deeply respect Philly’s diverse shoe scene and shoe stores and celebrate the other local Philly shoe stores who share that same undying love (ahem obsession) of shoes and a love of their incredible loyal customers as us at BUS STOP shoe boutique. From designer shoes to coveted sneakers to sexy heels to handmade shoe styles, Philly has you (and your feet) covered in stylish women's fashion footwear.
1 / Head Start Shoes
ABOUT: “Head Start Shoes is a boutique shoe store opened in Philadelphia in 1978. Our merchandise is carefully selected by the owners and imported from Italy. We concentrate primarily on carrying companies whose products are manufactured in small factories. By developing relationships with these factories, we can be confident that the high quality of our shoes is consistent. In addition to developing relationships with designers and factories, we also pride ourselves in maintaining strong relationships with our customers. Whether you are a loyal, local Philadelphian who has been shopping with us for over thirty years, or a new international customer, your satisfaction is important to us and we are always happy to speak with you over the phone or through email and answer any questions that you might have about us or our shoes.”
FAVE BRAND: Halmanera
2 / Joan Shepp
ABOUT: “Joan Shepp . . . home of quirky, serious, and unexpected exceptional fashion in Philadelphia. Founded in 1971 in Lafayette Hill, Joan Shepp has since been recognized as one of the country's style leaders by publications Harper's Bazaar and Lucky Magazine. The store relocated to Center City in 1999, and is currently located at 1811 Chestnut Street. More than just a meticulously curated fashion boutique, for 45 years we have provided exceptional service, exclusive designer events, and most importantly, a space for the fashion community to play, discuss, explore, and discover new designers and innovations in the industry. Our attentive stylists provide exceptional service with a wealth of fashion knowledge, creating a uniquely intimate Shepp shopping experience.”
FAVE BRAND: Balenciaga
3 / Boyds
ABOUT: “FOUR SCORE AND FOUR GENERATIONS AGO...My great-grandfather immigrated from Russia with nothing but his dream to create a family legacy. He invested what little savings he accumulated from selling newspapers into a not-so-charming shop that offered just cigarettes, cigars, and dress shirts. And today? Well for one, we've definitely embraced the whole dress shirt thing. And while we've dropped the cigars and kicked that cigarette habit, we've added women's contemporary and designer collections. We've also introduced men's contemporary and luxury sportswear, but we didn't stop there. Because of my grandfather, we now present more luxury tailored clothing than any store in the entire country. Thanks, Pop! What we wear is an expression of who we are, how we think, and what we do, so we're here to enhance how you perceive yourself and how the world perceives you. And since thriving in today's world is so incredibly taxing, we've decided you shouldn't do it alone. We're here to help, so just say the word, because what we cherish most isn't the evolution of our product offering, but it's how we offer it: with the same old-world principles and lost-art service that has kept the wind in our sails for almost 80 years running...Today, we're a proud family of 120 employees. Yes we take our business seriously, and on occasion we even dress seriously, but we never take ourselves too seriously because nothing lasts forever. So, come say hello already, because while we no longer sell newspapers, we like to think that we're still newsworthy! -Alex Gushner (4th generation)”
FAVE BRAND: Bottega Veneta
4 / Blue Sole Shoes
ABOUT: “Founded in February of 2007, Steve Jamison’s Blue Sole Shoes is the premiere men’s boutique for high-fashioned footwear and accessories in Philadelphia. Steve was honored with the MICAM Award for “Best Italian Foreign Buyer” in 2015, an accolade given by the leading international footwear forum, held in Milan, and promoted by the Association of Italian Footwear Manufacturers. In 2016, Jamison expanded his store and unveiled a new facade, which exposed more of his high-fashioned shoes, socks and accessories to the constant flow of Philadelphians and tourists who pass by the tiny boutique located in the heart of Philadelphia’s busiest retail corridor. Blue Sole Shoes has become the destination for fine men’s footwear in the City of Brotherly Love, with Steve Jamison’s serious emphasis on customer service on display six days a week.”
FAVE BRAND: Les Hommes
ABOUT: “Since 1953, Sherman Brothers has furnished the men of the Greater Philadelphia area with the finest footwear the industry has to offer. Our commitment to selling high quality shoes to fit every need and budget separates us and enables us to give our customers a very pleasurable shopping experience. With brands such as Alden, Santoni, Johnston & Murphy, Olukai, Alan Payne and Cole Haan just to name a few, you can be sure to find a style to fit any of your footwear needs.”
FAVE BRAND: Wolverine 1000 Mile
6 / Suplex
ABOUT: “A group of guys that love sneakers decided to create a marketplace that the sneaker community can be proud of. Founded on a true passion for sneakers and fueled by the desire to share our vision with others who share the same interest. Our goal at Suplex is to exceed customer and consignor expectations, earning your trust and respect to buy and sell sneakers for you.”
FAVE BRAND: Nike
ABOUT: “ In this modern world of instant gratification, vast social connectivity, and mass produced factory fashion, the ancient ways of our ancestors can easily be overlooked and under-valued. When we now have the ability to order a product from halfway around the globe with just the click of a mouse, things like quality craftsmanship and service tend to become relics of a forgotten past. At Lapstone & Hammer, our mission is to honor the artistry and traditions of the past while fully embracing contemporary culture and fashion.”
FAVE BRAND: Aime Leon Dore
8 / Atmos (UBIQ)
ABOUT: “Back in the early 2000s, UBIQ founder John Lee and atmos founder Hommyo Hidefumi met in Philadelphia during what they call “the gold rush of sneakers”. With a shared obsession, and matching one another’s level of hustle and grit, they started a global enterprise well before streetwear set a fire worldwide.Years later - UBIQ and atmos have merged with the goal of bringing that Japanese passion of kicks back to the place it all started.”
FAVE BRAND: Brain Dead
9 / Franklin & Poe
ABOUT: “Franklin & Poe is a reflection of the community in which we live. We take inspiration from the history of our city, our hard-working neighbors, and the friends and family that surround us. We offer a collection of quality clothing and durable goods for both men and women, with an emphasis on products expertly and ethically made in the USA, Japan, and Europe. Products that enhance our lives and get better with age. Products that tell a very personal story through every memory and moment they absorb. They are timeless and durable; meant to be worn hard, loved hard and handed down. Embodying the idea that hard-working hands create the most beautiful things.”
FAVE BRAND: Redwing Heritage
10 / Benjamin Lovell
ABOUT: “When he opened his first store in Philadelphia 20 years ago, Benjamin Lovell wanted to sell consumers more comfortable shoes for navigating the city. With his background as a Clarks executive, Lovell jumped on the comfort movement early, successfully turning his single store into a five-unit chain. Benjamin Lovell is where style fits you perfectly.”
FAVE BRAND: Teva
11 / Erdon
ABOUT: “Donna Sandoz opened her first store “Primadonna” in Medford, NJ in 1992. After 20 years in business, Donna re-branded. The new name combines Eric, her son, and Donna. This signifies the strength of a family business. Donna and her daughter, Carli, work side by side curating and styling in Old City, Philadelphia. Since the very beginning our vision of providing a unique mix of European, Japanese, and American designers in a relaxed gallery atmosphere has never changed. ERDON continues to bring the freshest of fashion to you! Since 1992 we have been on the forefront of fashion and customer service. We pride ourselves in being a full service boutique; able to complete your entire look from head to toe! From humble beginnings, ERDON is proud to be recognized amongst the fashion industry as one of the ‘Best Boutiques’, and even more than that a place that customers feel confident in the wardrobe that they invest in from us.”
FAVE BRAND: Trippen
12 / Kin
ABOUT: “Kin Boutique is an inclusive womxn's clothing boutique and shoe store in Philadelphia. Shop our entire product line, including Senso shoes, Citizens of Humanity, Adina Reyter and more.”
FAVE BRAND: Senso
13 / Midnight Lunch
ABOUT: "Midnight Lunch is a fine art gallery & shop of artfully curated products + contemporary women’s clothing. We represent young & emerging artists from the Philadelphia area & beyond. We also carry a wide array of artisan goods for the conscious shopper.
The clothing brands we work with tend to be small batch & are ethically produced. We seek out brands that value environmental & social good, are female or minority-owned and when possible, manufactured right here in the US. We believe in slow fashion that is thoughtfully made without the sacrifice of style or quality. We are also working on curating a wide selection of American vintage!
We are forever on the look out for new artists & makers. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have artwork or a product that you think would fit great into our collection."
FAVE BRAND: Chase & Chloe
So there we have it our best Shoe Stores in Philadelphia. What do you think?